I read so many good articles this week! Here’s what I concluded about the world on their basis:
- Chicago schoolkids have post-traumatic stress because they basically live in Chechnya.
- Adele makes you cry because her music is engineered to make her sound vulnerable and alone, just like you.
- The University of Phoenix peddles highly subsidized educational snake oil.
- Gareth Thomas is the world’s only openly gay male athlete. He is also charming, tragic, inspiring and hot as breakfast.
- Industrial-scale breadmaking is fluffy and gross.
- Wrestling is interesting when combined with terminal illness.
- Diner changed the world, even though none of your friends have heard of it.
- New York is the only city in America where customers will tolerate a shitty retail experience in the name of convenience.
- Hillary was right about Obama.
All of these deal with super-sad subject matter, but they’re so inspiringly well-written, you almost forget how depressing they are.