Mike tells Sarah how a close election and an even closer Supreme Court decision established the political template we’re still living with today. Digressions include quarks, Ouija Boards and (sorry) moral philosophy. The “lemonade theory” turns out to be less fun than it sounds.
- The Supreme Court decision
- Ronald Dworkin’s election wrap-up for the New York Review of Books
- A long and suspenseful Vanity Fair tick-tock
- Executive summary of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission Report
- A nice writeup of the lemonade theory and why we only got lemons