Mike tells Sarah how an environmental problem became a national rallying cry, a sticky diplomatic issue and, eventually, a conspiracy theory. Digressions include “Alien,” Field & Stream and NRA public service announcements. Both hosts are recovering from colds and at least one spends the episode under a blanket.
- The EPA report on the costs and benefits of the Clean Air Act
- “Sour Showers: Acid Rain Returns–This Time It Is Caused by Nitrogen Emissions”
- “The Organisation of Denial: Conservative Think Tanks and Environmental Skepticism”
- “Is Acid Rain a Thing of the Past?”
- “How Cold War Politics Helped Solve a Climate Crisis”