Sarah tells Mike how a poor Texas girl made herself into an icon and America made her into a punchline. Digressions include massage technique, “Death Becomes Her” and (obviously) “The Godfather.” Mike sounds even sicker than he did last week.
Plus, special thanks to Ian at Marfa Public Radio, who helped Sarah record this episode!
- Sarah’s 2017 Buzzfeed essay
- Anna’s 1993 Playboy video centerfold
- Mimi Swartz’s wonderful Texas Monthly profile of Anna Nicole and J. Howard
- Dan P. Lee’s New York Magazine essay on Anna Nicole’s legal and personal woes
- Skip Hollandsworth’s 1993 article on early Anna
- Pamela Colloff’s 2002 profile of Rusty Hardin