“Things are not going to get better if we make the people who scare us seem more powerful.” Mike tells Sarah about the myths of sex crimes, the reality of child abuse and the importance of unsympathetic protagonists. Digressions include frozen pizza, millennials (obvs) and vaccination rates. Mike can only name one state that borders Nevada.
- Mike’s article on sex offenders
- Terrific overview of why sex offender laws don’t work (skip to p. 230)
- Michael Seto’s overview of the research on pedophilia
- Fascinating case study of clergy sex abuse
- “The Impact of Sex Offender Residence Restrictions: 1,000 Feet From Danger or One Step From Absurd?”
- “The Adam Walsh Act: An Examination of Sex Offender Risk Classification Systems”