Few topics have been suggested to us in the last year as often as the razor blade in the apple. Luckily we’ve got you covered with last year’s Urban Legend Spectacular! Come for the poisoned candy, stay for the high beams and rainbow parties.
- “The Razor Blade in the Apple: The Social Construction of Urban Legends”
- Miriam Forman-Brunell’s awesome book on babysitters
- Snopes’ debunking of the “killer in the backseat” myth
- The terrible 2005 New York Times article asking whether “rainbow parties” are real
- Caitlin Flanagan’s 2006 “streetwalker” opus in the Atlantic
The first two times Sarah mentions Miriam Forman-Brunell’s book, she calls her “Miriam Forman-Brunelli.” Sorry!
You must be logged in to post a comment.