Mike tells Sarah how a nice Jamaican kid became the disciple of a mean American adult. Digressions include Tonya Harding (of course), “Sliding Doors” (again) and “Anne of Green Gables” (Sarah has an English degree). Mildred re-appears just after the hour mark. We are unable to conceive of a content warning comprehensive enough for all the horrors contained in this episode. There is less crying than last time, but only slightly.
- “The Making of Lee Boyd Malvo”
- The 2004 Vanity Fair article on Lee
- Mildred Muhammad’s book, “Scared Silent”
- “23 Days of Terror: The Compelling True Story of the Hunt and Capture of the Beltway Snipers”
- Newsweek, “Descent Into Evil”
- “Sniper: Inside the Hunt for the Killers Who Terrorized the Nation”
- Congressional hearing on John’s Antigua document shenanigans